Quick Start Guide:
Within your courses in D2L Brightspace, you will use the course navigation bar (navbar) towards the top of the page to navigate to different tools where different parts of your course will be. There are also links for other support services if you need them.
- Course Home will take you to the course homepage where you can look at Announcements from your instructor.
- Materials dropdown brings you to course materials like the syllabus commonly found under
- Communication dropdown brings you to tools to communicate with others in your course like seeing other’s emails in Classlist, participate in online Discussions, or view the course Announcements from your instructor.
- Assessments dropdown shows you tools like Assignments where you can submit papers, Quizzes where you can take online tests, and Grades where you can view the grades given to you by your instructor.
- Resources dropdown has links to useful academic resources such as eServices, Technology Support, and more.
Clicking on the down arrow in the title will expand more options under that heading.
**Please Note – each instructor will set up their course differently, so be prepared for things to vary from course to course. In general, the course navigation bar (navbar) will be the same between courses, so use that to assist you! **